With this week’s Fresh Cut Of The Week being our delicious BBQ Leg Pork Chops,
Recipe – Balinese Style Lamb Forequarter Chops with Cauliflower Rice
- 4 (800g) lamb forequarter chops, fat trimmed
- 2 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp kecap manis (sweet soy)
- 1 tbsp tamarind concentrate
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 270ml light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Steamed sugar snap peas, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C (160° fan-forced). Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add eschalots and cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and chilli and cook for a further minute. Add peanut butter, kecap manis, tamarind and coconut milk, stir well and bring to the boil. Season to taste.
Arrange lamb in a large baking dish, pour over sauce and turn to coat. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until lamb is tender.
Meanwhile, place cauliflower in a food processor and process until it resembles rice. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add green onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes then add cauliflower and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until warmed through. Season.
Serve lamb with extra sauce, cauliflower rice and sugar snap peas.